The Retreat at Linden Hills
Welcome to our spacious, comfortable 5-bedroom home, nestled in the quintessential Linden Hills neighborhood of South Minneapolis. This home is walking distance from Lake Harriett and Bde Maka Ska which are connected to some of the best urban walking and biking trails in the US.
Just a 20-minute drive from downtown Minneapolis; Target Field (home of the MN Twins), Target Center (Home to the MN Timberwolves) and the US Bank Stadium (Home to the MN Vikings). This home is only a 20 minute drive from the MSP Airport or The Mall of America.
This area has plenty of amazing things to do: The unique restaurants, bars & breweries are endless for the foodies out there. Many venues are just a few minutes walk or a bike ride away. For instance, take in a dinner at 44th & Upton then a concert and concessions at the Lake Harriet open air Bandshell on a summer evening. Or explore fantastic upscale shopping and dining of 50th & France and Galleria Edina. Minneapolis is known for its internationally recognized arts and theatre, world class museums, sculpture gardens, inspiring art fairs, live music venues and Scandinavian influences. No matter where you go, you will always find something fun and interesting to do!
At 2,255 square feet, this home is the perfect getaway for groups or families with children and can comfortably accommodate up to 10 people. Inside the house, you will find modern and beautifully decorated furnishings designed to make you feel right at home.
As you enter the home you will be greeted with a lovely, updated kitchen with maple cabinetry, granite countertops and stainless-steel appliances. You will find plenty of double-pane windows which bring in generous amounts of natural light to the space. A large beautiful dining table with seating for up to 10 people makes a great area to gather to share meals.
The kitchen has the necessary amenities to cook a perfect dinner for friends and family. Linden Hills Co-op, (one of the best grocery stores in the Twin Cities) is just 2 minutes away or 10-15 minutes by foot! And the lovely Whole Foods or Lunds grocery stores are just a bit further. But if you prefer not to shop at all, be sure to ask about our concierge service and have the refrigerator stocked before your arrival!
Adjacent to the kitchen is the living room, another ideal gathering spot containing a large LED Smart TV, small dining table and a comfy seating area to help you relax and unwind.
Each bathroom has been fully renovated with elegant travertine tile, a walk-in shower and separate tub on the main level; a tub/shower combo on the lower level. Leave your toiletries behind as we provide complimentary shampoo, conditioner, lotion, a hair dryer for your use and a deluxe vanity kit just in case you forgot something.
On the main floor are 3 large double bedrooms, each contains a smart TV with streaming capacity for your entertainment.
Benefit from using our spacious lower level recreation room with a big screen TV, game/poker table, electronic basketball hoops game, and many other puzzles, books and board games to ensure a fun evening with friends and family.
An ideal workplace environment for those who plan on working while away from home; we have a dedicated desk and high-speed internet to facilitate a seamless work experience. Additionally this room has an exercise bike and equipment so you may keep up your daily work out routine!
Outside you may enjoy the peaceful neighborhood. A lovely neighborhood elementary school with a very large playground is just across the way; a great place for the kids to play or a game of touch football with friends. We have ample off-street parking space on the driveway and in the garage for your convenience.
Keep reading to find more inspiring details and start planning your trip to The Retreat at Linden Hills today!
• Health, safety, and wellbeing of our guests are of utmost importance. For this reason, we have a professional cleaning service ensuring a sparkling clean before you check-in.
Excellent transport links: Have peace of mind knowing you can get to any of Minneapolis’ exciting tourist attractions within minutes by bus, foot, car, or cycling. The nearest bus stop is route number 6 on Sheridan Ave S and West 40th Street.
Activities galore: There is no shortage of exciting things to see and do while you stay here in Minneapolis. Several Minneapolis lakes are nearby. Come visit the world-renowned Walker Art Center offering a wide array of acclaimed collections, visual and performing arts. Be amazed by the jaw-dropping baroque style architecture of St. Mary’s Basilica. Be sure to take advantage of the breath-taking natural scenery and explore the nearby natural lakes and parks.
Location and Distances:
Sightseeing and Activities:
• Mall of America (9.4 miles) 20 minute drive
• Minneapolis Institute of Art (4.3 miles) 14 minute walk
• Walker Art Center (7.0 miles) 13 minute drive
• Basilica of St. Mary (4.2 miles) 13 minute drive
• Weisman Art Museum (6.8 miles) 17 minute drive
• Minneapolis Sculpture Garden (4.4 miles) 15 minute drive
• Guthrie Theater
Parks and Outdoor Recreation
• Fort Snelling State Park (10.3 miles) 17 minute drive
• Crosby Farm Regional Park (11.3 miles) 21 minute drive
• Minnehaha Falls (7.0 miles) 20 minute drive
• Centennial Lakes Park (4.5 miles) 12 minute drive
Restaurants and Bars:
• 50th & France, upscale shopping and dinning district (1.4 miles)
• Hazelwood Food and Drink (1.5 miles) 4 minute drive
• Pannekoeken Huis breakfast (1.3 miles) 5 minute drive
• Pizzeria Lola (2.2 miles) 6 minute drive
• Old Southern BBQ - 44th and France (0.8 miles) 3 minute drive
• Martina Argentinian Restaurant (.8 miles) 4 minute drive
• Wooden Ship Brewing Company (0.6 miles) 3 minute drive
• The Dampfwerk Distillery Cocktail Lounge (2.5 miles) 10 minute drive
• George and the Dragon Bar (2.9 miles) 10 minute drive
• Turtle Bread Co bakery and Restaurant (1 mile)
• Salute! French cuisine (1.4 miles) 6 min drive
• D’Amico & Sons Italian Cuisine (1.4 miles) 6 minute drive
Nearby Supermarkets and Shopping:
• Linden Hills Co-op (.8 miles) 3 min drive
• Whole Foods Market (1.2 miles)
• Walgreens Pharmacy (1.3 miles) 4 minute drive
• Southdale Center (5 miles) 10 minute drive
• Fresh Thyme Market or Trader Joes (1.2 miles) 5 minute drive
• Target (1.6 miles) 5 minute drive
• Lunds/Byerlys (1.7 miles) 5 minute drive
• Minikahda Club (2 miles) 4 minute drive
• Edina Country Club (2.1 miles) 5 minute drive
• Interlachen Country Club (2.6 miles) 8-10 minute drive
• All guests must be over the age of 25, unless part of a family unit. Verification may be required.
• All check-ins are contactless! To provide this service, we require a selfie of you holding your ID to verify your identity, prior to check-in. No exception.
• Bookings made within 10 days of arrival will require additional credit card documentation.
• Our Rental Agreement must be signed prior to arrival. This will require your email address. Please inquire about the terms and conditions prior to booking. More info can be found on the Minnestay website, under Guest Services - Rental Policies.
• Minnestay uses a third-party to screen the identity and check criminal databases for all guests in order to confirm a reservation. Guests will be required to complete the screening by responding to an email sent by the third-party. Complete terms regarding guest screening can be found on the Safely website, under Terms.
• No smoking inside of the home.
• This property may have a noise monitoring device on the interior of the home. Additional noise monitoring devices may be located in gathering spaces on the exterior of the home, as well.
• No events - This home is designed for families and responsible adults. Restrictions include, but are not limited to: Weddings and wedding celebrations, Bachelorette/bachelor gatherings, and reunions.
• Pets allowed with prior notice and required pet fee (fee dependent on pet count, $150+).
• Please respect the home and clean up after yourself!
• Quiet Hours: 10PM-7AM. We love our neighbors!! Please be respectful of the permanent residents on either side of this property.
• Direct bookings or other online booking sources may be subject to a 3% cancellation fee.
Deviation from these rules can result in an eviction from the premises with no refund, as stated in the signed rental agreement.