Welcome to The Fitzgerald!
When a young F. Scott Fitzgerald moved into this house in 1909, St. Paul was a very different place. Horses and streetcars outnumbered automobiles, the city was booming from trade, and residents were just starting to get electricity.
Now more than 100 years later, this house still stands as a living representation of history. Your vacation home includes the second and third floor of this lovely home. Comfortably sleeping 10 guests, each room has been thoughtfully designed by an interior designer to balance its history with many modern refinements.
In addition to its famous resident, each bedroom is dedicated to commemorating local legends: Prince, Bob Dylan, Charles Schultz and the Coen Brothers. Each bedroom is tastefully decorated to reflect their own particular style with brand new furnishings and luxury mattresses. All of the bedrooms have full closets and plenty of space to get ready. The master bedroom has a large walk-in closet and private alcove with a desk to do some work or write the next great American novel.
The kitchen is fully equipped and perfect for preparing meals, while the butler’s pantry and built-in buffet offer optimal serving areas. Beautiful vintage china and glassware are available for your special occasion. The dining area offers seating for 10-12.
The main level has a beautifully appointed living room and a cozy den with a brand new 50” TV for catching the game, watching the selection of Coen Brothers’ movies on DVD, or using the accounts for Netflix, Apple TV, Amazon Prime or Xfinity. On warm days, enjoy the expansive covered porch with lovely furniture and porch swing. It’s the perfect place to relax morning, afternoon and evening!
Despite being a historic house, this home is equipped with high speed internet. Virtually every room has wall-mounted USB outlets to keep your devices charged. The living room Bluetooth speaker can be set to reflect your mood.
Located in the Cathedral Hill neighborhood, the Fitzgerald is surrounded by St. Paul’s largest and most prestigious homes. This neighborhood also boasts a number of open spaces including a large park directly across the street. This is the quintessential spot for your home away from home.
The Fitzgerald is just 20 minutes from the MSP airport, 20 minutes from Minneapolis, and 3 minutes from downtown St. Paul. If you’d prefer to stay in the neighborhood you’re just a few blocks from some of the area's best known hot spots including: Nina’s Café, Café Latte, W.A. Frost, Red Cow, the Gnome Craft Pub, Moscow on the Hill, and the Golden Thyme Café. Heading south a few more blocks and you’ll encounter Grand Avenue with dozens of restaurants including: Afghan, Chinese, French, Greek, Himalayan, Indian, Irish, Japanese, Korean, Mexican, Thai, Vietnamese, and more.
With so many activities available, you will never be bored. The Fitzgerald is close to attractions such as the historic James J. Hill House, Mall of America, Minnesota State Fair, Minnesota Orchestra, Ordway, Minneapolis Institute of Arts, The Walker Art Center, Minnesota Twins baseball, St. Paul Saints baseball, Minnesota Timberwolves basketball, Minnesota Lynx basketball, Minnesota Wild hockey, and Minnesota Vikings football.
*This is the upper levels of a DUPLEX*
• 5 Bedrooms - Queens
• 2 Full Bathrooms including one with a large tub
• Laundry room
• Sleeps 10
• Open dining and living room
• High speed WiFi
• Necessities for the little ones: we rent Pack n' Play, high chairs, and strollers. Just ask our reservations staff.
• The home is equipped with high speed internet, heat, and air conditioning.
• If you bring a car, convenient driveway parking is available!
• You’ll be a message or phone call away from the Minnestay Team, who can provide
recommendations or answer questions.
We look forward to welcoming you to St. Paul soon!
• All guests must be over the age of 25, unless part of a family unit. Verification may be required.
• All check-ins are contactless! To provide this service, we require a selfie of you holding your ID to verify your identity prior to check-in. No exception.
• Bookings made within 10 days of arrival will require additional credit card documentation.
• Our Rental Agreement must be signed prior to arrival. This will require your email address. Please inquire about the terms and conditions prior to booking. More info can be found on the Minnestay website, under Guest Services - Rental Policies.
• Minnestay uses a third-party to screen the identity and check criminal databases for all guests in order to confirm a reservation. Guests will be required to complete the screening by responding to an email sent by the third-party. Complete terms regarding guest screening can be found on the Safely website, under Terms.
• No smoking inside of the home.
• This property may have a noise monitoring device on the interior of the home. Additional noise monitoring devices may be located in gathering spaces on the exterior of the home, as well.
• No events - This home is designed for families and responsible adults. Restrictions include, but are not limited to: Weddings and wedding celebrations, bachelorette/bachelor gatherings, and reunions.
• No pets allowed!
• Please respect the home and clean up after yourself!
• Quiet Hours: 10PM-7AM. We love our neighbors!! Please be respectful of the permanent residents on either side of this property.
• Direct bookings or other online booking sources may be subject to a 3% cancellation fee.
Deviation from these rules can result in an eviction from the premises with no refund, as stated in the signed rental agreement.